IPL Photo rejuvenation For Men and Women. If you want to take years off your face, treat pigment and sun-damage, enlarged pores and facial capillaries, this is the treatment for you!
Photo Rejuvenation using our Nanno Light Intense Pulse Light will have you looking your absolute best. By using Medical grade IPL, we are achieving outstanding results in rejuvenation of the face, hands and neck, and body. Our Nanno Light provides a way to treat and correct past sun damage, uneven pigmentation, soften and smooth wrinkles, reduce acne and acne scarring.
IPL technology is based on the same principle as laser but emits a broad spectrum of pulsed light rather than one wavelength of light.
Sun damage and Photo-aging:
Photo ageing starts much earlier than you may think. Most of the damage to skin occurs in early childhood and throughout the teenage years. This damage starts to appear sometime in our late 20's or early 30's when we look in the mirror and discover not only our first wrinkle but mottled freckles and areas of visible red capillaries. As ageing continues into our 40's and beyond so too does the unevenness of colour, texture and deepening of lines.
IPL can refine the skin by stimulating new collagen. It will improve surface skin layers and deeper layers by delivering energy to deep tissue.
The effect IPL can produce:
- Improved skin texture and firmness
- Increased collagen stimulation
- Decreased redness and facial capillaries
- Reduction in pigmented lesions
- Reduction in fine lines
Broken Veins and Capillaries:
Our face is made up with an extensive network of tiny blood vessels known as capillaries. Aging, trauma, sun exposure, extreme temperatures and certain lifestyles can cause the capillaries to 'break' appearing as red streaks or blotchiness on the face. IPL therapy is very effective in treating these blemishes and reducing the re-appearance of the capillaries.
Rosacea and Acne:
Rosacea is a skin ailment that leaves people red-faced from dilated blood vessels and chronic flushing. Rosacea can also cause pimples and pustules on the nose and cheeks. For women and men, IPL can successfully treat dilated blood vessels and redness without injuring the surrounding healthy, skin while greatly reducing the episode of flushing with long-term effectiveness.
Acne can also be effectively treated over a course of treatments, reducing inflammation and scarring, and then the prevention of pustules, whiteheads and blackheads from occurring.
- It appears to be hereditary, affecting 95-100% teenage boys, 83-85% teenage girls. However acne lesions are certainly on the increase affecting the adult female.
- It typically begins during adolescence, when hormonal changes cause enlargement of sebaceous glands. Acne may present as both open (whiteheads) and closed comedones (blackheads), inflammatory lesions such as red pimples, pus filled or cystic . The condition often results in scarring and pigmented marks.
Traditional Treatments and Medication
There are several drugs which are regularly prescribed for acne. These include anti-biotics, contraceptives, hormone therapies and Ro-Accutane or similar Vit A derivative drug. There is a growing concern with the use of some of these therapies particularly due to potential problems and adverse side effects that they may cause. Anti-biotic are commonly prescribed. Unfortunately the use of anti-biotic can lead to the development of antibiotic resistance. The incidence of bacterial resistance has increased dramatically over recent years and the necessary long-term use of these drugs is likely to contribute to the pool of resistant bacteria.
Teenagers are the main population who suffer from acne and thus may be adversely affected by hormone based drugs and Ro Accutane due to their emotional volatility. In fact, acne by itself can be associated with depression, so the combined effect may contribute further due to teenage vulnerability and these drugs which may stimulate strong emotions. Despite their effectiveness, these drugs carry common side effects as well as risks of severe side effects including birth defects and depression.
What can I expect from the treatment?
- A medical questionnaire is required before any treatment to provide us with information that may prevent a treatment from being performed.
- A cool gel is applied to the skin to protect the surface of the skin.
- Your eyes are protected by disposable adhesive shields or IPL goggles.
- The appropriate filter is chosen by our technician and set according to the skin condition.
- The treatment is not painful, but some experience a 'zap' or 'flicking' sensation. We have a few tricks up our sleeves to help with the clients who may find it uncomfortable.
- Cooling aloe vera gel is applied to the area.
- Treated pigmented area will appear darker for about a week to 10 days. These will gradually slough off or fade on their own. No exfoliation is allowed, just allow them to come off in their own time or scarring or hypo-pigmentation (reduced pigment) MAY occur.
- Red veins or capillaries may appear darker initially until they resolve.
Book in for your FREE consultation and FREE test spots TODAY. Call 6331 2368.
We know you will delighted with the results!
Have three IPL treatments and the fourth treatment is on us.