Rid yourself of unwanted hair, sun spots, acne scarring and broken capillaries. We are committed to providing you with the facts about IPL and whether it will be suitable for you. We are achieving amazing results and want to provide you with the same opportunity to try and experience the results yourself. All our technicians are fully trained and certified IPL specialists. Download our "The Truth about Laser/IPL" and read the facts before you decide for yourself. You won't be disappointed.
Confused? Don't be, read the facts and be informed.
At Ambiance Skin and Body Centre we are committed to providing you with the facts. No marketing hype, no gimmicks to get you in the door. Just information that has you in mind as we put away the myths and plain wrong information regarding permanent hair reduction with Intense Pulse Light treatments (IPL).
As much as it would be great to promise "hair free, all gone forever" permanent hair removal, salons that are offering this type of removal have it a little wrong.
OK, between 75-95% is pretty close, and that's what we are aiming to achieve, but absolute permanent hair removal? Sorry, but no.
Laser, VPL, IPL... I'm confused.
There are many machines on the market, all claiming their machine is the best. Whether Laser or IPL (or Intense Pulse Light), the principle is the same. An extremely bright ray of light from the laser or IPL is shone in a flash at a patch of skin bearing unwanted hair. The light is attracted (or absorbed) by melanin (melanin gives your hair and skin its colour) in the hair shaft. The hair is heated by the light, with the hair getting hot enough to heat and treat its own follicle to delay or eliminate further hair growth. The light does not effect the skin surrounding the hair follicle. Hair follicles cycle through three stages of hair growth, and it is only during the anagen, or active growth phase, that the hairs will be permanently damaged (they will NOT grow back) while hair that is in the other phases (catagen and telogen) are unlikely to be permanently affected. This is why a series of treatments are required to successfully and permanently reduce or eliminate a significant proportion of the hair follicles.
When will I get results?
Even after the first treatment, you will notice a dramatically significant difference, but it will take between 6-10 hair removal treatments to achieve the result that you are after. The hair will be gone for a long period of time. After that time some hair, which will be much, much finer and lighter, will slowly start to appear and a maintenance session will be required.
Will I need to have more treatments?
It depends on the area which has been treated and on the person themselves how often maintenance will be needed. You could expect to have one a year.
However, sometimes hormonal influences, like pregnancy or menopause may cause new hair to grow, therefore requiring further maintenance treatments.
Does it hurt?
Some areas are more sensitive than others. However, we have a few tips up our sleeves to minimize any discomfort.
Some people experience a flicking sensation, like a discharge of static electricity, while others find it relatively pain free. That's why we do FREE consultations and FREE test shots to check your level of discomfort.
Our NANNO light also has a cooling head built in to aid in cooling the skin on contact before the flash of light.
What can I expect from the treatment?
- The treatment area is shaved from hair prior to treatment, then a cool clear gel (similar to ultrasound gel) is applied to the skin and to protect the surface of the skin.
- A flick or zap is typically described as being the sensation from IPL and Laser treatment.
- Goggles or disposable eye shields are used to protect the eyes from the luminosity of the light.
- A cool post treatment gel containing aloe vera is applied post treatment.
- Some hairs may dissolve immediately; others will fall out within 7-10 days for thick terminal hairs or up to 2 or 3 weeks for finer hairs. You can continue to shave to keep the growth nice and short during your treatments but NO WAXING or TWEEZING is allowed. You will be removing hair that may be in the anagen stage, therefore reducing the desired outcome.
- We recommend that treatment is performed within 6 to 8 weeks on the body or 4 to 6 weeks for facial hair.
- The number of treatments required will vary according to the hair cycle of the area to be treated and in some cases; hormonal influences.
- 5 treatments is the minimum requirement to treat the majority of hair follicles, as treatment is only effective on those hairs which are in anagen (the growing stage).
What about Pigment, Capillaries and ageing skin?
Our Nanno Light effectively treats:
- Unwanted hair including ingrown hairs, and associated redness and inflammation with pimples.
- Facial capillaries & Rosacea.
- Sun damage including freckles, hyper-pigmentation, fine wrinkles & skin laxity and enlarged pores.
- Acne and Acne scarring.
- For more information on facial treatments see IPL Facelift?
While some salons are claiming exaggerated and misleading permanent hair removal results, we believe in being up front. Just the truth, we promise.
Book in for your FREE consultation and FREE test spots TODAY. Call 6331 2368.
We know you will delighted with the results.