Need Hair Removal? Do you have Sensitive skin?For most of us, eyebrow shaping means plucking or waxing the eyebrows, but for some it can also mean threading. If you are unfamiliar with the last eyebrow shaping term, that's because it is still fairly new to the West even though it is a technique that Asia has been using for centuries. So, how exactly does eyebrow-threading work?
A 100% cotton thread is twisted and rolled along the surface of the skin entwining the hairs in the thread, which are then lifted out from the follicle. While this may sound painful, it is smooth and gentle and definitely not as painful as waxing! In fact, this technique gives your face clean lines and your eyebrows an incomparable stunning shape.
Unlike waxing, threading does not cause breakouts, redness or pigmentation. Ingrown hairs are almost impossible to happen since the thread removes each and every hair from the root. This is fantastic for those who have sensitive skin.
Advantages of threading:
- It is economical, fast, neat, safe and relatively painless.
- Compared to other methods of hair removal it is less painful.
- It is an excellent technique for eyebrows and facial hair.
- Threading is much healthier for the skin than waxing, and it creates no ingrown hairs.
- Threading is suitable for all skin types.
- No chemicals are used in threading.
- Threading is highly recommended and an excellent option for those who use Retin-A, Accutane, and similar
- It removes facial hair quickly and effectively without damaging the skin.
- Stop seeing red. The skin mostly gets red because of the wax tugging at the skin, not the actual removal of the hair. If you do get pink from threading, it usually goes away within the hour.
- Delicate skin. The skin around the eyes is thin, and can get easily irritated from waxing even if it doesn't bother other body zones. Threading eyebrows is a true life saver for hair removal in the eye area.
Threading is very hygienic, as a new thread is used every time.
Threading involves NO chemical products, NO hot or burning products, only a single pure cotton thread.
Although a less common hair removal method, threading is fast gaining popularity across the world.